The Lawyers at Unglesby Law Firm Have Helped Deliver Justice to Burn Victims.
Burns are nightmarish injuries that can cause victims to suffer for the rest of their lives. They can be caused by multiple factors, including product defects, wiring failures, and negligence. These debilitating injuries can cause victims to lose the ability not only to lead full and normal lives, but the ability to earn a living.
ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN BURN ASSOCIATION
Admissions to burn centers were caused by 43% Fire/Flame.
34% Scald, 9% Contact, 4% Electrical, 3% Chemical, and 7% Other.
If You’ve Been The Victim of a Burn Injury, What Should You Do?
Retain top-notch legal counsel immediately. If you are unable to do so, have a family member take care of this as soon as possible. Time is absolutely of the essence when determining the cause of an accident that causes serious injury.
In the case of burn incidents, it is advisable to take as many pictures as possible of the injury causes. These pictures may very well be admissible as evidence. This evidence may have a considerable impact on potential judges and juries.
Listen to your medical team and follow their instructions. If you’ve been seriously injured, you are at risk. Take your prescribed medications, attend all medical appointments and stick to physical therapy regimens.
Make sure you know what disability benefits you are entitled to through your employer’s benefits plan. You may have benefits available that can help you cover costs and expenses.
According to The Mayo Clinic
COMPLICATIONS OF DEEP OR WIDESPREAD BURNS CAN INCLUDE:
- Bacterial infection, which may lead to a bloodstream infection (sepsis)
- Fluid loss, including low blood volume (hypovolemia)
- Dangerously low body temperature (hypothermia)
- Breathing problems from the intake of hot air or smoke
- Scars or ridged areas caused by an overgrowth of scar tissue (keloids)
- Bone and joint problems, such as when scar tissue causes the shortening and tightening of skin, muscles or tendons (contractures)
Don’t Hesitate: Call Us